- You can send
Text messagesfrom your web browser on any computer.
Google voiceYou can easily make calls and send desktop text messages.
- You can also send a text message from a phone.
Sometimes you want to send a text, but you either can’t find your phone or you would rather send it from your computer along with the files stored there. You can access your Messages app on newer Macs that are connected to your phone via iCloud. Fortunately for PC users, you can also send text from your web browser.
There are several ways to do this, including downloading extra apps, but the simplest way to send text from a web browser is to use Google Voice or your email. Note that Google Voice is currently only enabled for sending messages in the US and Canada or to US and Canadian phone numbers.
You can also choose to use Google’s Messages for the Web feature.
How to send text from a web browser using Google Voice
one. Go to Google Voice Web site.
2nd. Click “For personal use”.
3. To post on the web, scroll down to “Web”.
4. Signing up will generate a new number for you. On the next page, enter your city or postal code. The available numbers will appear. Select one by clicking on it.
5. After choosing your number, it will ask you for your real phone number to verify that you have it.
6. Type in your number and Google Voice will send you a code to connect it to a real phone.
7th You are now signed in. Click the Message icon on the landing page.
8. After opening the message sidebar, click “+ Send new message”.
9. Write the number you want to send a message to at the top of this screen. At the bottom is the input bar where you can type your text.
10. After receiving your message, click the send message icon (green arrow). You have now sent a text message via Google Voice.
How to send text from a web browser using your email
one. Open your email and click the option to write a new email.
2nd. To find the carrier-based email address of the number you want to message, click a site that will do this for you, for example: Free Carrier Search.
3. Enter the address based on this number in the address line of the email.
4. Now type and send your text like you send an email.