IPOH: The security guard who was assaulted by a homestay guest at a condominium here in December last year has passed away.
Perak police chief Datuk Comm Mior Faridalathrash Wahid (pic) said the 64-year-old man died at his house on Friday (Aug 27).
“The post-mortem found that the man had died due to sepsis, caused by infections in his lungs,” he said in a statement on Saturday (Aug 28).
It was reported that the security guard had sustained head injuries during the Dec 29 incident after being assaulted by the guest following an argument.
The security guard was found by a worker at the condominium bleeding from his head and was rushed to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital in a semi-conscious state.
Comm Mior Faridalathrash said the security guard’s family was dissatisfied with the postmortem report and had claimed that the victim had died in relation to the assault.
“They have made viral the videos and photographs of the incident.
“We noticed the video on WhatsApp on Thursday (Aug 26),” he said.
Comm Mior Faridalathrash said the guest had already been charged on Jan 6 this year under Section 335 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing grievous hurt on grave and sudden provocation.
“The case will be brought up again at the Magistrate’s Court here on Sept 6 for a decision.
“But based on the latest statement, we will refer the investigation papers on the matter to the deputy public prosecutor’s office for further instructions.
“We also urge the public not to speculate on the matter as it is still a court case.
“The police are serious on all crime matters and stern actions will be taken against anyone who disturbs the peace and safety of the people,” he added.